Practical information you should know
What to bring with you
- A list of your current medications and the date of your last flu or pneumonia vaccinations
- Personal identification, including a photo ID and insurance card
- Personal items that you will need during your stay
What NOT to bring
- Valuable items or money should be left at home. St. Elizabeth’s Hospital is not responsible for lost or damaged items
- Visitor hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Some areas of the hospital, including Critical Care, Mother Child Center, Physical Rehabilitation and Behavioral Health Services, have different visiting hours. Please check with the appropriate department for specifics.
- Patients are asked to welcome no more than two visitors at a time. Special arrangements for additional visitors may be made with a nurse.
- An adult visitor may stay all night with a patient in a private room.
- Children under the age of four are discouraged from visiting in patient care areas, except for the Mother Child Center, where sibling visitation is allowed.
- Children under the age of 12 may not be left unattended and are restricted from isolation rooms and critical care.
- Visitors must be appropriately attired (shirts and shoes required) while on hospital property.
Smoking PolicySt. Elizabeth’s Hospital campus and its affiliated medical buildings are tobacco-free and the use of tobacco products by employees, patients, medical staff, studens, contracted personnel, auxilians, volunteers, visitors, vendors and tenants is prohibited.
This policy applies to all of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital owned and managed buildings, properties and grounds.